I think most, if not all, of these songs were actually not released during 2013. However, they are the songs I listened to the most. They were the soundtrack of my year. As always, in no particular order:
2. Voice in a Dream from the TV show SMASH
5. Some Nights by Fun
6. Southwood Plantation Road by The Mountain Goats
7. Game Shows Touch Our Lives by The Mountain Goats (incidentally, guess what new band I discovered this year?)
9. I Don’t Want to Live on the Moon by Ernie (Sesame Street… what? I’m a first grade teacher)
10. Blood on My Name by the Brothers Bright or the Wright Brothers. I’ve seen it written both ways.
So, those were some of the songs that provided the soundtrack to my year. What were some of yours?