1. Being Alice Bloomfield in Luis Valdez’s Zoot Suit. It was one of my biggest roles to date and probably one of the hardest. The woman Alice Bloomfield was based on, Alice McGrath was amazing, and I wanted to do her justice. Plus, I got to act along side of seasoned professionals, which was daunting at times. But, it was a great experience and one I hope to have again.
3. Walking Dead Escape at Comic Con. I love zombie books and zombie movies. Running away from zombies through PetCo park seemed like the logical step for me. It was so much fun. I want to do the Zombie Run some day. Maybe that should be a resolution.
4. Kyaking in the Monterey Bay. After seven years of living on the Central Coast, I finally got my butt in gear and did it. I’ll be doing it again, and soon.
5. Meeting Richard Speight Jr. (the Trickster/Gabriel on Supernatural). I’m a super shy people when it comes to professional actors. I prefer to watch them from behind crowds or around corners. But I actually approached the person who played one of my favorite characters from Supernatural and asked to get my picture with him. It was an act of extreme bravery for me.
6. And that act of bravery led to one more: Me having an actual conversation with Tatiana Maslany and Jordan Gavaris (aka Sara Manning/clones and Felix Dawkins from Orphan Black). Granted, the conversations were about how amazing they were and how much my mom loves the character Felix, but, again, a big step for me in terms of bravery.
So, there you go. Six totally true adventures of 2013. Happy new year, everyone.